Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Potter 7 Box Office, Friend's FB page, and International news

Harry Potter 7 Box Office

So since I viewed the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 movie, I have wanted to know what it was going to make in opening weekend. Turns out they only update it on Rotten Tomatoes after the weekend is over. Makes sense right? Well I checked it this morning, and for a movie to make $168M in its opening weekend is pretty high if you ask me.

I was truly impressed. I knew the movie was going to hit over $100M its opening weekend, but I had not clue it would be that high. According to the Wikipedia article, the budget shared with Part 1 of Deathly Hallows, which is decently under double of what they made from opening weekend, is $250M.


Friends Facebook Page

So a friend of mine has a Facebook page named, "1 million 'likes' and my wife has agreed to call our baby Harry Potter," and I have agreed to help him promote it. It would be cool to have this page hit 1 million 'likes', so if you guys want, check it out, and 'like' the page.


International News

So what kind of a blog would this be if I didn't impose some of today's issues every now and then also to keep everyone up to date with facts? Not a good one I am guessing. So I figured I would talk about global issues once a week, and I will just cover what goes on in that week. I decided to start it off today, but I will also cover it on Friday. So be ready to expect some global issues on Friday posts.

Today I will cover Gas prices and Interpol Red Notice. Every week for International issues I will try to cover the same basis of topics. For instance, economically related, international affairs related, and casualty related. I will of course have variations, but I will try to keep a specific set of topics to follow, and keep you all updated on weekly issues going on globally, and of course, nationally.

Gas Prices

So this morning, I couldn't help but notice that the gas prices are slowly rising again. Do not fret though, it does not seem to me that its a big change, only a few cents. It was close to $3.55-$3.60 late June and early July, yet it seems to have gone back up to approximately $3.70 per gallon. I am guessing that it will stay approximately at that price for another month, and then go down a little again to $3.60.
http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

Interpol Red Notice and Shahram Homayoun

According to CNN's Libby Lewis, "If taunting were a crime, Shahram Homayoun would certainly have to plead guilty." Quoted from an article CNN's Libby Lewis wrote about the 'accused terrorist' and Interpol's "Red Notice".

She mentions that Homayoun fled Iran to Los Angeles in 1992 and started up his own Satellite Television Station, "to beam a message of civil resistance into the homes of Iranians." A "Red Notice" was issued for his arrest in 2009. For anyone who does not know what a "Red Notice" is, it is "an international wanted notice put out by Interpol on behalf of a country seeking a fugitive."

At first glance at this article, it seems as if he is truly a 'terrorist.' However, if the podcast by her is heard, you will realize that he is not actually doing anything wrong, he is only promoting information about Iran to Iranians in Los Angeles. As the article starts out, "If taunting were a crime, Shahram Homayoun would certainly have to plead guilty."
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/18/interpol.red.notices/index.html?hpt=wo_c1


That is it for today's post. Please stay updated for upcoming posts, and please be sure to leave comments, future topic suggestions, viewpoints, and opinions in the comments area.

References:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/
http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/18/interpol.red.notices/index.html?hpt=wo_c1


Thank you for tuning in to today's blog post, and stay tuned for tomorrow's. Surprises coming in the near future.

Sincerely,
Gdamatov77

No comments:

Post a Comment