Friday, July 22, 2011

News Day - Movie "Sicko" and Heat Wave across the U.S.

Today's news will be about a movie I saw that deals with Global Health Care issues, and the Heat Wave across the U.S.


"Sicko"

So I saw a movie this week in school for my Sociology class called "Sicko." This movie was about issues with the Health Care in the United States, and although I am not one to be swept by a movie, I thought this was ridiculous. It was talking about how Health care companies tend to deny many claims for health insurance, or pay for operations to even those that do have health insurance. I found this to be absolutely ridiculous and I felt the need to add it in my post for today.

The reason I did not put it in yesterday's post was because although it was a movie, it was more of a news related topic, so I chose to do it for today's post. Well the person who does the movie, (Michael Moore), covers the basis of many different locations around the world as well as how it is here in the U.S.

He shows how even if the insurance companies don't see a reason to deny your claim, they have someone look into the medical history of the person so that they can find something they can use against the person. They would use this tiny detail to prevent the person from getting the operation or hospital bills covered.

I found this to be very discouraging and I knew I had to share it. I am glad he made this movie, and I am personally shocked at the results of other locations around the globe and their health care in comparison to the health care in the U.S. I won't say much more because I do recommend you watch it.


Heat Wave

As I was watching one of the news shows by Sxephil, he mentioned a heat wave in the U.S. which I figured I should talk about. I considered it would be a good idea because I have definitely been feeling a lot hotter this past week, but thought it was nothing, but then when he mentioned it, I was really shocked that I didn't hear anything about it previously.

According to Turkish Press, the country has been overwhelmed by the heat and even Northern states are getting it higher than normal. In Portland, Maine it was 89 degrees and it felt like 100 degrees to them. The heat wave has gotten so bad that it even took the lives of approximately 22 people, and from the looks of it, it seems to not be getting any better.
http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=365345

Anyhow, that is all I have for today, please have a nice day everyone, and enjoy your weekend.

References:
http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=365345

Sincerely,
Gdamatov77

2 comments:

  1. You'll share in the wonderful world of insurance frustrations as soon as you leave the comfort of your parents' umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly am aware of that big uncomforting fact.

    ReplyDelete